Below is the latest on my site updates.
COVID-19 has postponed activity for The official Wild Birding Society groups here in Japan for June & July. Still waiting to hear about August. In the meantime, out with a good friend birding from Mukawa to Ishikari. It has been good, though now in July it is quite slow. The birds are molting and resting and preparing for migration that starts at the end of August into maybe mid-October. I still need to update my Lifelist, though my eBird is current t 164 Worldwide & 137 for Hokkaido. So very busy sorting thru photos! I shoot 500-1500 photos each trip, so forgive me if it takes time on some posts to add the photos.
- The lastest post with bird photos is here: https://hokkaidojef.com/2020/02/16/otaru-port-tour-iii/ . My posts ramble on about the fun, interesting adventures, sometimes those Oh My! moments. All the posts do contain the adventures; solo and group, as well as detailed information on numbers and subspecies of bird seen as to those interested. Thanks for taking a look around. Be safe, God Bless, and the best to you wherever you are!
New things that are happening:
- I am adding a range map and the generational age as well as the longevity for each bird to the the Lifelist.
- Each bird in the Lifelist will have a link to lots of data, maps, photos on that bird at the IUCNRedList species site.
- In each bird sighting in a post; I am adding the distance between my camera and the bird photographed, as well as the usual shot information.
- To get an accurate subject distance I am using this calculator that is found here (in development).
- Adding more to the bird articles section found in the menu bar.
- Seasonal Bird List that will show the time period a given bird is present in the area I live.
- The WBJS Calendar will be updated soon for the Otaru & Sapporo areas.